I remember before Zoe was born, I kept staring at this shiny new diaper bag and tried packing it but ultimately having no idea what one needed with a baby. Diapers, of course, and wipes, but what else? The first few weeks, you really don't need all that much but now that I'm a year into no longer carrying a purse, I though I'd do a semi crunchy diaper bag reveal.
1. Bambo Nature Diapers. Our semi crunchy-ness doesn't cloth diaper, but we found a happy medium with Bambo Nature. They're the best we've found when it comes to eco friendliness as well as comfort and quality. We use them overnight as well as during the day and have never had any leaks.
2. Marleys Monsters Cloth Wipes + Wet Bag. We started cloth wiping a few weeks ago and love it. Zoe started getting irritated by the Pampers Sensitive wipes, so we figured this was the logical solution. We just spray her butt with a spray bottle containing water and then dap it all clean and dry with a cloth wipe.
3. WaterWipes. For those "OMG WHAT DID YOU EAT?!?!?" diaper changes, we also like to carry these chemical free wipes. Bonus, I can use these on her face, hands, really anything, because they're just water and a tiny bit of Grapefruit Seed Extract.
4. Changing Pad. This one came with my diaper bag, but it's so convenient, I say it's a must have. I won't ever lay Zoe down on any surface without it. Ew. Nasties!
5. Extra clothes. It's always a smart idea to bring an extra change of clothes. I actually have a little basket in the car with an extra shirt for myself as well as Zoe but I also like to carry a onesie with me, rolled up real small, wherever I go in case I am not with my car. I also have some socks and a hat for her in there, and depending on the season, an light cardigan.
6. KidScents - Tender Tush. At home, we use coconut oil but I like to carry this Young Living version of a diaper cream with me for when Zoe needs some extra love on her bum on the go. I can also use this on her face, hands, etc or myself as a moisturizer.
7. Snacks. I always carry some Happy Baby Teethers with me for emergency situations but usually try to pack a container of blueberries or some other easy to eat fruits. Bananas are also great.
8. Munchkin Stainless Steel Miracle Cup. It's amazing, plus I love the option of the stainless steel and miracle cup combo. I always bring water for myself, too, which Zoe ultimately ends up preferring over her own - monkey sees, monkey wants.
9. Animal Book + Small toys. I make sure to always have a small book about animals and some small toys that Zoe loves but isn't regularly exposed to with me.
10. Mama Wristlet. A friend of mine gifted me this gorgeous wristlet that actually is my wallet, oil bag, all around mama essential container. I love having everything I need for myself in that small bag so when I end up running errands without Zoe, I just go and grab this one bag and everything is in there. It's like my mini purse inside my diaper bag.
11. thinkBaby sunscreen and DIY Mosquito Spray. This one is a seasonal item and self explanatory. In the winter/ colder months, we replace them with a light blanket.
I know this might seem like a longer list, but it all fits effortlessly into my regular size diaper bag. Which, by the way, is this one from Hip Cub:
By the way, I make a commission for purchases made through some of the links in this post. Just keeping it real!